Sign in to follow this  
scottboy1973

Windsheild Banner help

I am looking to do a windshield banner and would like to know if I need too arc to get the right fit. Is there a data base somewhere that could tell the arc of a given vehicle?

Any help is appreciated

Straight across should be fine... it may dip down an inch or so on the edges, but it shouldn't be anything too noticeable.

Straight across should be fine... it may dip down an inch or so on the edges, but it shouldn't be anything too noticeable.

I agree. There are just too many variations of degree of curvature on windshields to really do the calculations, unless you have one of those window tint software that can provide that information.

I have done a couple and have arched them. It is not that hard. I lay a straight edge accross the widnow lining it up on both upper edges. I measure the width. Then I measure the distance between the straight edge and the top of the window. In my design software I create a rectange the size of my measurements. Say 53" wide by 3-1/2" gap. Then I create a 3 point circle usng the lower left corner of my rectangle as the first point, the midpoint of the top of the rectangle as the second and the lower right corner as the third.

post-1657-12986521340235_thumb.jpg