Just got my cutter a Refine 721. Find the manual to be pretty piss poor , especially for a newbie that has never owned a cutter before.  6 pages showing how to install software but not a decent pic of the unit and how to put the blade and holder in. Come on hire some graphic follks to make a decent manual or get some good pics on the site. Pretty lousy. Starting to worry about  this thing. Lousy manual lousy product ??

Now that my b!tch is over.

I think I got the blade in properly. I have the piece that I assume is blade holder (since no pics in manul or on site- attachment 1). Looks like its 2 inches long with a black plastic body and a push down tip. I put the blade into the black bottom and it got magenticed up. Is that right ? If I push down on the top the blade comes out.

The black pieces seems to turn. Should it ?

Now what do I do with this thing. ?

Manual says rotate the shell of the cutter holder (how :D?) and set the outstretching length of the cutter blade  (huh ??)

so that is it not longer than the thickness of the vinly.

I assume it means turn the black plastic piece till the blade is sticking out w/o cutting thru the material. Am I close.

With the black plastic turned snug the blade pertrudes a tiny bit. (maybe 1/2 a mm) is this right ?

So if right so far what do I do with this thing ?. I assume again that this goes into one of the two holes on what I assume is the cutter holder.  Thing on the front of the cutter that appears to slide back and forth ? If so doesn't seem to find to snuggly and how does the cutter get pushed out ;D

I assume that I loosen the brash screw thingy and then slide the plastic piece of the blade holder into it.

If so how far do I slide it down ?  To the first notch in the black plastic ? or to the were the ledge that goes around the black plastic piece ? (just below the were you turn to bring the blade in or out - i assume) ?

(attachment 2).

Thanks

Mark

post-594-12986512309894_thumb.jpg

post-594-12986512311456_thumb.jpg

post-594-12986512323289_thumb.jpg

post-594-12986512324654_thumb.jpg

It looks like you have got it right. You use the back position when you are not cutting all the way through your material, and the front position when you need to cut all the way through material. You use the silver and gold metal screws on the blade holer to adjust the blade depth. It should only be sticking out enough to cut through your vinyl and not through the backing. Load it up to the lip on the blade holder.

Looking at the pics, it seems you got it properly loaded.

thanks. tested it and seems to be working somewhat. I only have small samples of cutting material sent to me from magictouch.

the depth you see the blade at in the pic is the fartherest it will go up.  I have some flock to test with so gonna give it a try and see what happens.

Using the signcut softwae that comes with it and were do I find default settings for the MH721 at ? If none.

Offset should be what ? its defaulted at .010 and degree is 90. (changed to inches )

Also picked refine / EH/MH 721 not refine selloptia  or should it be that one or not matter ?

4800 N 8 1 are the communications settings.

forward feed after cutting 3.937

rewind after forward feed 3.543

Since the read cutter is greyed out I assume that the 721 settings can not be read from the cutter automatically ? Or did I mess something up ?

Thanks for the help

Newbie Mark

Yes, you should not need to change any of the settings......leave them at the default. Refine MH/EH 721 is the correct cutter that should be selected. Read cutter has always been greyed out for me as well.

The baud rate default when you turn on the cutter is 9600, so I would leave the baud in SignCut at 9600.