zentraveler

New guy in Wisconsin

Hi everyone, I just bought a PCut 24" vinyl cutter and haven't even hooked it up yet. I got a bunch of vinyl from the UPS man today, stopped and bought another PC for sign use, and rented a storage shed so I can clean out my spare room to use as my sign shop. I've been wanting to do this for probably 5 years, but I had a good friend in the business so I never did. He sold out a year or so ago and I started to get the urge again and I actually needed some sign work done too, so I thought about buying some equipment. The clencher was when my friend and I went to a concert and he told me about all the business he has to turn down since he got out, and was pretty excited about me getting into it.

All I really need to do is to make enough to cover what I paid for equipment, but I sure hope this takes off, who knows, maybe someday I can do it full time!

Welcome to the forums! You are going to enjoy your machine soooo much, you will see!  :huh:

Have fun!

Joe

Guest crshirts

Welcome and have fun.......it's addicting.

Carl

Thanks alot! So much to learn, but I have TON of ideas and know somebody that can help me out of any problem I might have. I'd really like to learn how to make stickers too, but one step at a time..first I need to learn this cutter and make some money, then we'll see where we go from there.

This forum looks like a great wealth of knowledge, I hope to be a regular here!

Guest fivestar

Welcome and you'll be a regular here, this place is more addicting then the cutter is.  :huh:

Welcome to the gaggle. As has been said this place is addictive. Looking forward to seeing your talent shine here and here's to a successful venture.

Welcome Zen! 

What else can I say? You already know this place is full of helpful people, laughs and it's addictive.  :huh:

Jenny

Welcome to the forums, Im quite confident that you will make your money back, and soon, especially if you advertise..

Wayne

Welcome Zen

Be sure to show off some of your work.

Dawg

Thanks! Yeah, I sure plan to post some pics of my work. I have one job to do already and a bunch of ideas, but I still haven't gotten set up yet.

I hauled two truckloads to stuff out of my spare room, and have about one more to go, then I can start to figure out how to lay out the room. I might start a thread trying to get photos / ideas of how to lay out the room. I'm gettin anxious to hook up all my new toys!!