Sign in to follow this  

My plotter will be going along and all of a sudden my computer will restart and i will loose the information that is being sent to the plotter. The error report says the following:

You received this message because a device driver installed on your computer caused the Windows operating system to stop unexpectedly. This type of error is referred to as a "stop error." A stop error requires you to restart your computer.

Any idea what is causing this and what i need to do to fix it.

Thanks Ryan

You did not say if you had it installed on usb,lpt,or com1.If it's on com1 it could be another input device is cause a conflict with the irq.Something like having a mouse,or a modem assigned to com1 as well as the cutter.You can go into the control panel in windows and click on the sysem icon and go to the hardware tab and click on device manager.Usually if there is a conflict it will show a yellow exclamation.But you can also go down to the ports and click on them and check which ever port you are using to see if there is an irq conflict.If you are using flexi and you are working with another graphics program,or browsing the web while it's cutting,it will cause problems with your memory and give you the blue screen of death.When I'm running R2 I wait untill it doesan't show "cutting *%" before I browse or use another program.I also increased the memory on my computer because it would drain a lot of it when I was working a overlap seperation in flexi.

Hello, this sounds more like a problem with windows than the cutter, especially if you are using the COM or LTP port. A good place to find answers to questions about any Microsoft products including XP is their knowledge base. Here is the link, but note that it could change anytime and if it does just look for the knowledgebase from their home page.

http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=0

If the computer restarts by itself it can be a variety of things causing that from power management or other software settings to a hardware problem such as a short in your power supply or processor fan on the motherboard. Whatever OS you are running (XP?) you should be sure to download all the updates from

http://update.microsoft.com/

It could also be a problem with the USB driver, configuration of the driver, or conflict with another USB or serial device. Additionally any programs running in the background could potentially cause problems. You can edit your startup programs by going to

START and then RUN

Type MSCONFIG and press OK

Go to the STARTUP tab and uncheck any necessary programs loading at startup. You might be amazed at how much better your computer operates when there aren't 20 programs running in the background. You can always go back into the MSCONFIG utility and recheck these programs later if you want something ridiculous like the Microsoft office shortcut bar or Quicktime constantly running in the background and using up your memory  :huh:

If you still have problems just give email me with your contact info so I can call you or you can call us.