Sign in to follow this  
dnewcomb

Ahoy hoy

I've been reading this site for some time while trying to research the best cutter for my money, what type of blades are best, the best program ect ect ect....I'd like to thank everyone that's put in valuable information.  While I don't live in the US (Aust here!), I couldn't buy from USCutter, so I had to rely on ebay.  I bought a Refine MH721 which arrived yesterday.  I set it up (god DAMN those stands are a pain to put together), installed the drivers.  First I tried USB and after about 5 mins of swearing, I switched to a very easy serial connection.  It came with ArtCut software (please don't hurt me) which I kind of learnt the easiest bits quickly and not before long, I churned out my first bit of vinyl text and I was pretty happy about the whole thing.

So yes, thanks all again for the valueable input that I've been reading on this site.  It's damn great.

Welcome to the forum Dion! It is good to have you here. Glad you started good an were  able to cut right away.

Show us some of your work.

Happy cutting!

Were in Australia are you? I sent 6 decals to Sidney a few weeks ago.

Joe

Hey Joe - yea I'm a computer tech, so software, drivers and printers are pretty easy to me - it's the artwork, creating vectors or nodes or whatever and the painful weeding that I need to learn  ;D

I live in a town called Moranbah - that's about 2400kms north of Sydney and a bit inland (yes we get kangaroos here).  It's a coal mining town and there's only 1 business in town that does the signage that is required when cars need to go onsite, so I aim to take a bit from them!  :)  It's mainly text and reflective tape, so I shouldn't have any issues with that.  There are a few things I wanna do for my drag car, so no doubt I'll be wanting to pick peoples brains on here  ;D

Cool Dion! I wish you the best! Good luck in your new venture. Remember to show some of your work.

Joe

Welcome to the gaggle, Dion. It's a fair dinkum place, for sure!

Welcome aboard, as you have already learned, this place is the BEST!!!!

Jenny