RatcliffInk

Vinyl Sticking to Cutter Head

I just got my Copam 2500 setup through my Flexi software via the Roland PNC-960 driver (works great!).

My issue is that when cutting certain shapes and/or letters where the stroke is thin and 'angly' (I know that's not a word but I don't know how else to describe it), the vinyl tends to stick or get caught on to the bottom of the cutting head since it is a flat surface.  I generally use cast vinyl (Oracal 751 and 851 and Avery A9) as I prefer it life, adhesive quality and the new air-free systems many of their color are made with now.  However, so far all of my cuts have been screwed up due to this happening.  I tried to set the blade a little further out to put some distance between the vinyl and cutter head and while this lessened the problem, it created a whole new one due to cutting way too deep...even after I lowered the force down as low as I could.  Any suggestions?

Sometimes i get this with very fine detailed cuts...

Put the blade in the head as far as she will go, while still being able to cut.  Basically, limit the amout of blade that is sticking out of the head...  Lower you speed on the machine to near the lowest setting and try that, usualy works for me with small detailed cuts

Mine did this when cutting oracal 851.  I just made the blade a little longer and made up the extra blade space by raising up the blade assembly.  This would allow the blade to cut the vinyl without it sticking.  Also a 60 degree blade helps.