Sign in to follow this  
asher

Why does my Z axis....?

Why does my Z axis drop on travel to start or in the cut opperation when it is not suposed to? :lol: I have the us cutter PCUT 24" Please help!!

You really need to supply more info. when exactly in the cut does it act up? What does the plotter screen say? Much more info needed.

Sorry,  It only has done it a couple of times but I have only had the machine for 3 days. Seems to do it when it is going from 0x 0y to start a new file and as it goes from 0 0 it starts droping as it gets to its first cut. If the first cut is a long way from 0 0 then it hits the vinyl before it gets to where it needs to be to start cutting. I have the SBE Have not looked at the plotter screen. I will do that next time.

Mine does the same thing when I am manually moving the cutter head to start a new cut. I found that tapping one of the red limit switches will raise it for some reason, but it doesn't always stay up. If I have to, I just hold it up with my hand. I have no reason why it does it in the first place. Let us know if you come up with a fix. MJ