Sign in to follow this  
onyxwear

Copam 2500 Arrives Today!!!

The auction ended on Monday and I am receiving my Copam 2500 today, which when you are excited to get going seems like an eternity.  My questions is, my main computer is a Mac Quad G5 and on that I have Adobe CS2, but in reading the forums I am hearing that there are some issues with the USB to serial adapter that comes with the unit and others still are having problems even after getting the Keyspan adapter and downloading the latest SignCut X2.  So my question to you all is should I just hook the unit up to my laptop that is running Windows 2000 Professional and forget hooking it up to the Mac?  And if I do that can I easily change SignCut X2 to my Mac later without having to pay for it?  I have a few days to decide, my vinyl doesn't even show up until Monday, but I want to start cutting when it does.

Thanks in advance,

Todd

It should work with your Mac. Some customers that have had issues getting them to communicate have found that the KeySpan adaptor is a good solution. I would try the Mac first.

You also should be able to load the SignCut software on both computers without any issues.