Sign in to follow this  
JoeCamaro

Not getting clean cuts now.

Guest fivestar

Joe I will have to tomorrow as I am home now.

J try to tune the ofset angel in your plotter

i change the plooter computer cabel 4 a new 1

then i played withe the ofset & the ofset angel bothe of them r 1 until 45

i dont know exskely what they r 4 but it change and most of my cuts r clean

i didnt play wite it much so i dont know haw hige u shout set it 4 mayby some of the members have some more info

good luck

ronen

Thanx Tykite.

I wish they were clear enough to compare tho. Maybe you could use the macro feature or can the test cuts?

I got some progress!

Im still not getting perfect cuts, but Im doing better and thats good.

After I got the carriage replaced, I only judged the cuts by the test squares. I never actually plugged the cutter to the computer and cut.

I did so this weekend and was getting bad cuts  :huh: but I didnt give up and I went to SignCut's site. There I had some suggestions and so I did. This were the suggestions:

Problems with weeding / Cuts not closing complety

Please be sure you are using the most current version; under the help menu select "About SignCut-X2", then verify you are using version 2.18 or later. If not please download and install the most current version from the SignCut-X2 website and "Customer login" or under the help menu then select "Get latest update".

Check the following circumstances...

- Blade offset, the default setting for a regular knife should be set at .25, then eventually try gradualy increasing it starting at .30, .35, and so on

Not to freak you guys out over this or anything...but... my refine out of the box is cutting like this with an Arial font that I've used a ZILLION times on a Roland and Seiki machine:

post-2505-129865248758_thumb.jpg

post-2505-12986524903194_thumb.jpg

Absolutely.

I reinstalled the application and set the blade offset in SignCut to 0.012 and Voila :P

Gone -  Does everyone have the newest version and have their offset set to 0.012??

Hey Joe

I am back

I had a lot going on

My cutter WAS doing the same thing. It took awhile but this fixed my problem.

I changed the cutting strip under the blade. I guess it had cuts in it so when the blade presses down it would leave soft spots causing incomplete cuts. Under $25 to fix I am so happy now

Dawg

My refine started doing the same thing until I realized that the carriage was out of it's track.  I apologize if this was addressed in an earlier response, but make sure the two little wheels on the back of the carriage are set IN the "V" groove that they are supposed to be nested in.

Also, if the carriage and blade holder are not 90 degrees perpindicular to the vinyl surface, then you will get what I call "chatter", or wavy cuts, unclosed cuts, and chunks like I see in your photos.

Good luck.

Thanx Central Logos, I do have my carriage on track. I fixed that when I got my cutter. Thank you anyways.