Sign in to follow this  
JoeCamaro

Not getting clean cuts now.

I used to get nice clean cuts even is decals as small as .75". Lately I have been having problems with my cuts. It is like if they were not closing. Once I solved this by selecting "Normal Sign" mode in Signcut X2, but this solution didn't last long.

Now I have this:

cutscc4.jpg

Circles: Parts that not fully close and I have to tear the pieces apart.

Rectangle: Lines not being straight.

I checked the artwork and it is good, straight lines and closed paths. I have played with the offset values, I am using a new blade, I have "Normal Sign" mode in SC X2 and I have the "Safe Small Cuts" selected in the cutting menu.

That decal is 2" x 1.5".

What can I do? What could be causing this?

Thanx

Joe

P.S.

I started posting in another topic by timbo, but then I thought it could be different problems.

Guest fivestar

Joe recut the graphic you post and watch the cutter and see if those spots you circled are start/end points.  If so, I'd say it's something with the way the vinyl tracks, if not then I'd say it's something with the way the blade turns.  Maybe spray the blade holder down with some lubricant.

I'm just guessing but those would be my first 2 things I'd check.

Hey fivestar mine is doing the same thing.  It was cutting fine now it is not closing.  I watched the cutter and it is at the start end when it is doing this. I use 3-1 oil on the blades often so I know it not hung up and not turning the blade.  Also, In the middle of a cut it will stop and say waiting on the cutter.  I have ruined alot of vinyl because of this.  I just bought some 60 degree blades and I want to install them.  I seen the set up for 60 degree blades somewhere.  Do you know what a good set up would be?  I have a huge sports order and I need it to cut like it used to.

Thanks

Tewfiddy

Guest fivestar

tewfiddy, you what machine you got?

Mine is the PCUT cutter/plotter.  I think when it comes down to the cutting they are all basically the same.  Your fix could fix mine or my fix could fix yours..We'll see.

Tewfiddy

Is it doing the same thing on the Test cut directly from the cutter? Would let us know for certain if it is hardware (cutter), or software related.

Ken, here are my test cuts. If they are supposed to be perfect squares with pointy ends, then there is something wrong.

Please notice how the ends are rounded.

testcutseh3.png

Joe

Guest fivestar

Joe also notice the "humps" in the lines, my refine started doing that too and I can't figure out what is causing it.  My corners and everything are completely square and it cuts perfectly except for those "humps".

That must be a visual effect five. In one computer I see straight lines in the file I posted, that is why I asked about the humps, then when I saw my post from another computer I can see them in my file and your file. I looked at the cuts with a magnifying glass and there are no humps. I wonder why that happens.

But the real thing has curvy edges but straigh lines.

Joe

Guest fivestar

Now WTF, I don't see them on this machine at work, but I did on the one at the house.  Anyways, I get 'em and can't figure out what causes it.  I've replaced, motor, motherboard, blade, blade holder, cutting strip.  I've tried different knife depths, pressure, basically everything I can think of. 

I had another Refine here and tried my blade and blade holder in it and it worked fine, so I know it's something in my machine.  You really can't notice it, but I know it's there and bugs the *&(# out of me.  :thumbsup:

I noticed this:

When doing test cuts I got curvy lines but closed cuts.

When cutting  file I got open cuts.

So I might have 2 problems.

Joe

Ken? Anyone?

Five, did you replaced the motor yourself? I have a new carriage @ home, but I dont know nothing about wires and tools and stuff.

Guest fivestar

Yes Joe I replaced the motor and mobo myself, lol it takes about 2 minutes. The carriage is the only thing I haven't replaced so I'm sure that's where the problem is.  :thumbsup:;);D

Maybe something loose on the carriage? I am not really certain, but I am leaning towards something being loose.

What is "something"? What should I look for?

I can take a look, but again I know about mechanical things as much as I know sports ( I thought you needed a bat to play Volleyball  :thumbsup:)

Joe

Guest fivestar

I always use a bat for volleyball, doesn't everyone?  :thumbsup:;D ;D  I may have to take mine apart too and see if I can notice anything wrong.

What is "something"? What should I look for?

I can take a look, but again I know about mechanical things as much as I know sports ( I thought you needed a bat to play Volleyball  :thumbsup:)

Joe

Carriage arm screws or the wheels on the carriage. I think there are 3 screws that hold the carriage cover on, so remove those and investigate. Worst case scenario, we could always replace the carriage.