Sign in to follow this  
maverick5754

Cutter goes APE!

I have just set up a new MH721. it test cuts pefectly...calibrates fine and cut the very first (font) letter sign perfectly. I changed the word to my wifes name and set size to 3.664 wide x 9.047 long and clicked cut out under the file menu. It began cutting across the page as the vinyl rolled out. When the cutter head reached the far left side, it just hung there. I turned the cutter off. My baud rate is st right..etc. Have I gotten some setting off? I also tried cutting under the special cutting/cutting of small text tab. It still rolls out the vinyl and cuts in a diagnol until it reaches the far left side. Any suggestions?

The text feature that SignCut-X2 offers is very basic.

The source code that this feature is built upon is actually ripped off right from a Microsoft example.

But it has some drawbacks because it acts differnetly dependiing on which Windows version it is running upon.

It should still cut the basic text you ask it to however, and if it is continuing to act this way, I would suggest downloading the latest version of SignCut from www.uscutter.com  It is located in the Downloads section under Drivers.

Ken