Captain Coffee

MH871 MK2 Cutter Hits Hard when Running

Hi everyone!

I have an MH 871 -MK2 Plotter and I may answer my own question here, lol.  While running the plotter the blade jumps up and down hard, pushing the blade holder out of its 

position.  I did find two cracks in the blade holder arm and have ordered them this morning.  Just wanted to make sure that was the problem or theres a reason for the cutter

to hit hard when it goes from one letter to the next.  

Thank you for your time

Hi everyone!

I have an MH 871 -MK2 Plotter and I may answer my own question here, lol.  While running the plotter the blade jumps up and down hard, pushing the blade holder out of its 

position.  I did find two cracks in the blade holder arm and have ordered them this morning.  Just wanted to make sure that was the problem or theres a reason for the cutter

to hit hard when it goes from one letter to the next.  

Thank you for your time

Definitely replace the blade holder and go from there.  Do you feel that the blade holder is hitting with more force than normal?

Hey Captain - You can just scroll to the bottom and start typing up a response, or hit quote, or just add @haumana (or any other name), then that would usually notify the other member as well.

I got the vid, and it's hard for me to say that the carriage to dropping with extra force.  I would say to swap out the cracked blade holder when you get the replacement and try it again.  I do know that my LaserPoint does drop the blade harder than my Graphtec, but as long as it's not poking holes through the back, and I'm still getting a good cut, then I'll just leave it as it is.  Feel free to post your video in this thread if you would like others to chime in if they have any thoughts on this too.