engs0062

Cutting Style Outlines

I have a question regarding Inkscape and SignCut.  I make number signs for demo cars, I will post the file I am working with.

Now, the actual sign is black..........so, any of the black you see in the numbers and names I would like to come through from the sign, as I want to save on black vinyl.  So, to achieve this, I DID NOT FILL the bottom layer, I clicked the X for Fill Color, and chose Stroke Paint, and increased the width of the outline on Stroke Style.  The problem is, when I export to SignCut (for example the bottom orange layer on the number); SignCut just shows a skinny line - I did a test cut and sure enough, it just made 1 line cut, not the thickness of the outline I depicted in Inkscape.

So is this impossible to do?  I don't understand why it would not transfer the outline width info to SignCut.......so I ALWAYS have to use Fill Color for every layer - thus forcing me to use black vinyl in the areas shown?

Any help is appreciated - thank you.

Lee

proof2.svg

proof2.svg

I will try that -

yea sorry about that, I posted it in the SignCut area as well cause I was not sure if it is an issue with InkScape or SignCut.....

Thanks for the help, I will let you know if that works.

Lee

That did not work - I will do a screenshot and hope it helps..........

So here is the image in InkScape - notice the black portions ARE NOT LAYERS (except for the overall background) - I just unfilled the bottom layers and set the widths of the outline under Paint Style.

dwrobleskichevyproof.jpg

Now this is what the same image is exported to SignCut - notice the widths of the gray layer of 419 is a single line, and not the same width as I set........

wrobleskiscreenshot.jpg

What do I need to do?  Up to this point, I just used black vinyl - but I would rather use the black sign work for me instead of using black vinyl.  Thanks for the help.

If I'm understanding your question, you want to cut on both sides of your line thickness, correct?  In Inkscape, with your line selected, Select "Stroke to Path" from the Path menu.

Thanks from me too, CyberSultan. Not something I need right now, but it will come in handy in the very near future I am sure. I have used Corel since it's birth up until 12, and my "retiring". Still toy with 12 as my primary play thing, but have started to work in Inkscape just to give my brain some teases. Plus, as it's free I can recommend it to other folks, so I figure I need to know something about it.