edge

Will the CP2500 cut both calendered and cast?

Reading the specs on the CP2500 and it only lists calendered for material. Got a Copam on the way and wondering how selective I need be when I order my first roll of vinyl.  I'm still learning the differences between calendered and cast types of vinyl, any insight will be appreciated. Thanks

Calanderd and cast vinyl are virtually the same thing.  The only real diffrence in the manufacturing process and durability of the vinyl.

Calandared - made from a solid, works good on flat surfaces, can work on some slighly curved surfaces, but stretching it to make it conform to huge contours doesnt really work.

Cast - Made from a liquid, Works great of flat surfaces as well as curved surfaces.  Stretchs good and holds up to conforms on contours and what not.  Usually more expensive then calandered, but lasts longer.

Hope this helps

Thank you for your explaination. I've much to learn. I got some 6 year Avery and after looking at the thickness realize it probably won't curve as well as perhaps 4 year would have. As long as I retain these lessons I hope to be ok.