Sign in to follow this  
mistwist

FC-8600 not completing cuts

Over the past couple weeks, I’ve started having trouble at the end of a cut. In the past this has been a sign that I need a new blade. so I put a new blade(Clean Cut 60°) in it, two actually. Still the problem persists.   The first cut in the row(I cut 4-5 of the 4-5” designs at one time)will be pretty good, the rest will be cut, but not quite enough to weed easily. test cuts all seem to work perfectly.

Things I have tried to correct it.

Multiple test cuts, both form force and offset.
Messed with offset, no change.
Removed cut head cover & cleaned.
Cut strip feels smooth and level.

SETTINGS (Oracal 651)

Force: 13
Speed: 4
Offset: 0
Software: CutMaster(?) plug-in for illustrator. Same thing I have been using for a year.

Any idea what I should try next?

EDIT; one thing I just notices was the blade feels crunchy(dragging maybe) when taking it out of the holder, is there something I can use to make it move more freely in the holder?

EDIT; one thing I just notices was the blade feels crunchy(dragging maybe) when taking it out of the holder, is there something I can use to make it move more freely in the holder?

Blade holders do wear out. I had one give up on me and it definitely caused issues. That would be my first guess based on your results and what you've tried. You can add some oil (just a tiny drop) but if it "feels" at all a bearing has probably dropped and any kind of drag or misalignment is going to screw with you. I run a different brand but the same form and function exist.