Sign in to follow this  
Suzanne B

Sublimation paper questions

I have the Sawgrass SG500 with the sublijet HD ink and chromablast paper can I use these to do a sublimation print on a mug or a wine tumbler or do I need other kind of paper? 

chromablast paper is just for chromablast inks - you want Texprint-r that is made for the gel inks the ricoh printer uses and won't smear like cheaper sublimation papers.

I have the chromablast inks also is what I am printing with.. can I use this ink and paper for sublimation images on mugs? 

no - chromablast for cotton shirts - different product and if you switch back and forth to sublimation ink as you first stated you had you will waste a lot of money clearing the lines.

you need sublijet ink and sublijet paper and is made for sublimation printing like mugs 

chromoblast anything is made to use on cotton shirts 

you cannot mix the two 

On 1/17/2022 at 2:11 PM, Suzanne B said:

I have the chromablast inks also is what I am printing with.. can I use this ink and paper for sublimation images on mugs? 

5 hours ago, Suzanne B said:

I have the sublijet ink and chromablast paper I am wondering if I can use the paper on mugs ??

so you must have the sublijet ink and not the chromoblast - good news - never heard of truepix but sounds similar to Texprint-r that we have used for years made for the gel inks 

glad you got it worked out.   

curious which way you will be sublimating and where you get your cups - some use a press and some use cactus wraps in an oven - - - -  I used the Joto ones that uscutter sells years ago but had trouble with handles breaking in shipment to me.   - never ordered them from uscutter so maybe uscutter ships them better than joto did direct 

used to love doing those orders before I got lazy.  if you find organizations or golf tournaments there is a lot of repeat business  

P3170001.JPG

P9090032b.jpg

P9210009.JPG

PB130001b.jpg

• Like 1