Sign in to follow this  
motoxguy

SignBlazer not reading or cutting eps correctly.

I thought a vinyl cutter would make my life easier, its just the opposite, i cant get simple stuff to work! I have a standard vector edited in Inkscape and saved as .EPS. It looks normal when I import into SignBlazer, but when I view the wireframe/outline it will have small circles in the middle of lines (See pic). this is how it cuts as well with those circles/breaks. I cant understand what thats coming from. The image looks normal wen viewed and zoomed in any graphic program..any ideas?

post-2420-12986519422296_thumb.jpg

arrow_prod1.eps

post-2420-1298651945671_thumb.jpg

arrow_prod1.eps

Bring it up in SignBlazer and go to View + Outline/Wireframe then zoom in on it. It looks like it is made of a bunch of little rectangles. I don't use InkScape but I think it is something in the way it was created.

Yes I noticed that, not sure why either. It looks fine when zoomed in with Inkscape or Illustrator. This little stuff is driving me nuts.

Guest Terry

Thats because illustrator and inkscape don't show you the cut. Signblazer, flexi, signcut etc...you will see the actual cut. It's the way you made it, or vector it, or you edit nodes and messed up I think.

It looks like its may be some sort of odd issue with SignBlazer and Inkscapes eps format. I took that same eps image created in inkscape, opened it in illustrator and saved as an .ai and it worked fine in SignBlazer, looked and cut perfect. Not sure why this works or why I need to do it, but its my work around for now. If I could only figure out how to do the editing I need to in Illustrator, I wouldnt need Inkscape. Something else to work on...

Guest Terry

I was just going to ask why are you using inkscape to design if you have Illy.  ;D I only use Inkscape to vector.

The problem with the file appears to be that you have an outline applied to the graphic.  Remove the outline before importing into Signblazer and it will work correctly.

It looks like its may be some sort of odd issue with SignBlazer and Inkscapes eps format. I took that same eps image created in inkscape, opened it in illustrator and saved as an .ai and it worked fine in SignBlazer, looked and cut perfect. Not sure why this works or why I need to do it, but its my work around for now. If I could only figure out how to do the editing I need to in Illustrator, I wouldnt need Inkscape. Something else to work on...

That's weird, because when I import your .eps file into my SignBlazer, it comes in just fine.

HERE, try this

Bad Tykite... you know Terry doesn't have SB!  :) But thenagain, maybe you did that on purpose, lol!!!