dbohemian

helpful tips for cutting vinyl off the machine?

Hi Everyone,

Newb here.  Got a laserpoint.  Cutting vinyl within minutes.  No complaints at all.

does anyone have a slick way of cutting the vinyl off straight without removing the material from the machine when you are done plotting?  Is there some sort of gizmo that I can just lay the vinyl across and run a razor across it and bingo?

thanks in advance.

Dave

Guest fivestar

I've got a refine and I just use the grooves that are in the cutter.  My cutter looks like it's been in a fight with a samurai but it works :lol:

I just forward the vinyl and cut right after the last weeding line. Siccsors, your sharp friend.

Joe

I just forward the vinyl and cut right after the last weeding line. Siccsors, your sharp friend.

Joe

I second that. I use scissors to cut mine.

Over time... you'll start cutting it straighter and straighter.

Take cutter "offline", advance the vinyl forward, and cut.

you may notice a groove at the very front of your machine. advance your work past this groove and run a sharp knife along the groove while holding the material taught. you will get a nice square cut on your material.

bb

Good idea cutme, Ill have to try that.

I currently use this that i got from C&C signs on ebay...

Wayne

post-2294-12986519357456_thumb.jpg

post-2294-12986519377022_thumb.jpg

you may notice a groove at the very front of your machine. advance your work past this groove and run a sharp knife along the groove while holding the material taught. you will get a nice square cut on your material.

bb

My vinyl always hangs up on that groove so I put a strip of tape over it.

hey thats a nifty looking cutter, whats it called? i couldn't find it on ebay. looks like you could slide it along that groove on the plotter.

bb

walmart is "THE EVIL EMPIRE" i refuse to shop there, i get a creepy feeling when i go in that store, (i have only been in one twice).

bb

actually i found one of the ones pictured above on ebay for $0.99 plus 3.50 shipping.

bb

Thanks for the tip BannerJ. I just bought them, can't beat that deal with a stick!

I too have taped over the slot in the front to stop hangups.... so what I do is advance the sign past the bottom of the cutter and use a hooked linoleum knife. The lino knife dosen't garf up the cutter and my cuts stay pretty strait

Thanks for the tip BannerJ. I just bought them, can't beat that deal with a stick!

They had several available..I might buy a lot too. Maybe with 12...I can find ONE when I need it.