Sign in to follow this  
motoxguy

How can I create cuttable outlines in shapes.

This is probably very simple, but I am just learning Inkscape. I can easily do what I want in Photoshop, but then I have to save and then vectorize in a diff program. Id like to just do it all in Inkscape. Here is my question and an example. I do alot of arrows, stars, shapes etc with colored borders. See example. I need the borders cut on the vinyl so I can use as spray mask to paint with. How can i do this? in Inkscape the strokes dont show up for cutting it seems, and I cant see how to do this! I cant just make the same shape a bit smaller or bigger and combine them as Im not using simple shapes.  testarrowjl7.th.jpgForgive me if its a dumb question!

hah, I found my answer by reading the manual...go figure!!  Inset and Outset functions from the object menu. Now time to go get it down.

downloaded inkscape and got 35 trogens. has this happened to anybody else? had to reload the whole computer. lost a bunch of files.

Guest Terry

I bet ya downloaded from a site that was not INKSCAPE  :thumbsup:

Where did you get inkscape from? I've downloaded it to 3 of my own computers with no problem, and before I wised up and put it on a flash drive I had downloaded and installed it to a half dozen customer computers. No virus or spyware problems. What AV is telling you that you have a trojan?