Sign in to follow this  
motoxguy

Question on purchasing a cutter

I am working on a tight budget.  I paint helmets and other smaller items, just getting my feet wet. I am in need of a cutter for paint masks/stencils. I cannot seem to reach anyone at uscutter which is a bit worrisome, but figured I would ask here. What would be a good cutter for me? The copam is out of my price range at this time. I see they have the mH series 25", the pcut, and the Laser print model for a bit more. This will be a for a low use (few cuts a day at the most) to cut low tack spray mask vinyl material with graphics usually smaller than 12". What do you recommend?

First off welcomesign.gif to the forum!

This is the best source for your US Cutter questions. Forgive Ken and Marcus, they're always busy, but the members here are second to none and will always try to steer you the right way.

For your needs, either the Refine or LP will do. I personally have the LaserPoint 24 and couldn't be happier. Many more have the Refine and couldn't be happier with theirs either. More people have the Refine because it's been out longer, the LaserPoint is US Cutter's newer models.

Bottom line is either cutter will work well for you. The best support will be on this board.

Good luck with your decision. Whichever one you decide to buy, either will be a good decision.

Hang in there Motoxguy.  US Cutter seems to be expanding faster than they can get new help.  They will get your message and respond.  You mentioned cutting smaller than 12 inches and a tight budget, they have a 12 inch cutter in the refine line.  Hope this helps for now.

Is the Laser points contour cutting really worth the added price, is it hard to use?

Hang in there Motoxguy.  US Cutter seems to be expanding faster than they can get new help.  They will get your message and respond.  You mentioned cutting smaller than 12 inches and a tight budget, they have a 12 inch cutter in the refine line.  Hope this helps for now.

Thanks alot for the quick replies all! If I was to get the 12" where could I find the vinyl spray mask to cut? Most of the rolls I see on sites are larger than that.