Sign in to follow this  
Guest gracewriter

Cutter head goes too far to left and grinds on the side

Guest gracewriter

HI,

Just got my refine 721 and for some reason when I try to make a cut the cutter carriage goes directly to the left and tries to keep going.  It'll just sit there making a grinding noise as it tries to keep going left.  I have to hit reset every single time to get it off the left side of the machine.

At first it didn't do this.  It would cut about 3/4 of the image then quit cutting all together.  Signblazer kept freezing up and I'd have to manually reboot my system by pushing the off switch on my computer.  So I did a system restore to yesterday and now the cutter head has lost its mind.

Please advise.

Guest Terry

The only time mine has gone to left and started grinding was because my image was outside my cut area or the image was to large or something was outside the area. I use serial it is far more stable, or at least should be compared to USB.

Mine does it when by any reason it doest complete the weeding line and stops, if I try to cut something else it would do that.

Joe

Guest Terry

Make sure in your properties or manager etc... you have DELETED ALL the old error jobs.

Guest Terry

If I turn my cutter off with the side button in the middle of a job for any reason from a mistake I have made.... When I turn it back on it shows the old error job still listed and gets confused if I forget to delete it or them before I cut again.

Guest gracewriter

Thanks!  When I restored my system it lost all my SB settings and reverted back to the Pctu settings.  I just adjusted them back to the refine.  Hopefully this will solve that problem and I can work on the problem of it stopping cutting in the middle of an image.

Sorry!

Guest gracewriter

solved the problem with it stopping cutting in the middle of the cut.  Changed from USB to the printer cord.