Sign in to follow this  
F-Body_works

trying to trace this out

yup sometimes i take a picture of the emblem then measure the height n width then try to get as close as i can on SB to get the right size..i use the freebie vinyl to do the testing until i get the right size fit...but shadows mess me up like it did on this bird i needed help with but i ended up having him send me other pic and it worked out alot better see!  B)

Are you trying to size by the rulers...or are you typing in the exact dimensions at the bottom of the screen is SBE?

well what i would do say on this bird is i  measured the real thing from wing tip to wing tip and from the top of his head to the bottom tip of his tail then when i have the image ready for SB i use the measure function in maniuplate then type in the measurements i have and so far its worked out pretty good

Guest Terry

you did a great job for what you had to work with.  B)

you did a great job for what you had to work with.  B)

thanks! ya it wasnttoo bad..the only thing i havent been able to figure out is how to do inserts..or inlays whatever u call it where it will fill in the lettering on the back on my car ive tryed n tryed but im doing something wrong!

havent tired but try the outline function in SB and see if you can do a negative number. say .025 and that should make it fit inside.

I dont know if you can but if one of the programs would let you do a negative should make it easy. or do the size a tad bit smaller.

Got another idea, try make the out line two different colors with the inlay one and outline another and just cut the inlay part.

Hope this can help and some of the other guys on here can figure it out.