Sign in to follow this  
bethj95

please Help

So I am trying to make a logo and I have copied it in inkscape but they are saying that it does not look like the original logo they are wanting it 3.5 wide by 1.5 high so the only thing I can come up with is that when i put in the demesions it change the shape of the logo in some ways?:thumbsup:?:thumbsup:? I am really stumped at what I am doing wrong any help or words of advice would be great....here is the jpg logo and here is the one i copied in inkscape as the eps file..........I just do not understand what I am doing wrong

Thanks in advance

post-542-1298651876882_thumb.gif

PLITEK Logo Blue.eps

post-542-1298651878252_thumb.gif

PLITEK Logo Blue.eps

Guest Terry

It's just aerial black font, type it out. Maybe at 1.5 x 3.5 won't look right, could be out of proportion. Like taking a word with 15 letters and someone say they want it 1 inch, as you drag it out you are widening the font.

so is there a way to fix that should I just bring it in and then see demensions and then reduce from there according to original demensions to get it close?:thumbsup:?;D sorry I am still learing

Thanks

Just to echo what everyone has said...the web image attached to this thread is not even the dimensions they've asked for, nor could they be stretched to be those dimensions.  See attachment.  The text in my attachment is about the size they've asked for.  Print it out and show them what 3.5 x 1.5 looks like with that font.  I've always correlated it to the endings of really bad Karate movies... Most people can relate to that.  Who has never thought it was a good idea to stay up and watch the HORRIBLE ad libs while eating popcorn and laughing  ;D

This is where you have to tell THEM what's do-able and take control.  People don't understand aspect ratio's ;D

post-2505-12986519900826_thumb.jpg

post-2505-1298651991292_thumb.jpg