Sign in to follow this  
Calvarycustoms

MH1351 had a mind of its own

Just wondering if anyone can help. I have an MH1351 and immusing sign cut pro 2 to cut. When I tell it to cut, it starts to cut the image, but then its all over the place cutting diagnal and vertical lines, or just runs the roll out.

Anyone have any idea what this could be

It could be stray nodes in your design or static causing communication errors. This is a fairly common problem on budget cutters when using the USB connection. If possible use a serial connection. Some people have better luck by using a USB to serial keyspan adapter or a pci serial card. Search MH751 or MH1351 static problem and keyspan. 

The budget cutters have inferior usb chips that can cause this problem so using serial bypasses the USB chip. You can try to minimize the static in your work area by using dryer sheets and anti static spray. Make sure your cutter is grounded to the stand and keep it off the carpet when possible. They also have smaller amounts of memory so large intricate designs can cause similar problems. 

• Like 1

I agree with @KYSIGN the problem sounds like static. If your unit came with a stand then ground the machine to the stand. Do so by loosening a foot or screw on the bottom then attach a wire. Next loosen a screw on the stand remove paint under the screw / washer attach your wire then tighten the screw.

If you don't have a stand then you can do like I did with my 14" MH I attached a wire to the machine then attached the other end to a washer then I placed this on the floor. I had Zero issues after doing this. 

After doing this and you still have issues than you may have a software / motherboard problem

• Like 1