Sign in to follow this  
KYSIGN

Recent Oracal HT55 Quality

I am having a problem with the quality of the Oracal HT55 application tape I have received recently from uscutter. I am not sure if it is a manufacturing defect or a problem with warehouse storage conditions or old stock. I have had this happen once before with a 24" roll of 4076RLA from uscutter.

I first received a bad roll of 14inch x 100yard HT55 on August 3. I contacted support on August 4 and received a replacement roll on August 9. This is good customer service however this roll was also bad. I ordered and received a roll of 24inch x 100yard HT55 on August 17 that has the same problem. I contacted Oracal directly on August 23 but they have not even replied.

I am attaching images of the problem rolls and images of how they compare to the good rolls I have from previous orders. This is not a problem with storage conditions on my end. The bad rolls are straight from the warehouse and the good rolls are obviously happy with their accommodations. I maintain the recommended temp and humidity as suggested by Oracal.

Bad roll of HT55 that does not adhere properly to the Oracal 631 liner and tunnels when rolled even loosely.

HT55-1.jpg

Side by side comparison of the good roll vs a bad roll.

HT55-2.jpg