juniorranger

Application tape holder Response from other post

I had a guy ask me to make him a masking holder years ago way before i ever was involved with vinyl cutters, I just now thought about it when i read this post, So i priced some thru "sign warehouse" and they were like 200+ dollars, I dug thru some old hard drives and found some pics of the one i built, So i may try and make another one this weekend, If any one is interested in one let me know, i think i sold the last one for like 100 bucks, let me know what you think. I dont know if the one i made was right or not, he was very happy with it so i guess it worked, any suggestions would be appreciated. I can build what ever you can draw so if you come up with your own design let me know.

If you want more pics just let me know and i will email ya some........

post-1983-12986518705932_thumb.jpg

post-1983-12986518729651_thumb.jpg

What kind of materials did you use?

I used 1" square tubing and 1" pvc and 1/2" round rod to go in to the pvc, and a little spring attached on one side to provide tension. Was really pretty simple to build and in my opinion is better and more well built than the ones for two hundred bucks that just clamp on the table, To me those look cheap..

I made these awhile back but still haven't used them yet. I need to get a longer piece of wood, and some type of ends for it. Basically, just clamp it down to the table, slide your app tape roll onto the bar, and get to work. When you're finished, unclamp, and remove.

post-1656-12986518718257_thumb.jpg

post-1656-12986518737827_thumb.jpg

Your could buy a paper towel dispenser if you only want 12" vinyl, I think its 12".... anyone have a piece of paper towel and can either prove or disprove my theory?

Wayne