JPvinyl

Rapid tac alternative

I typically like to do my installs dry but do use some wet wet methods in a pinch. I need an alternative to rapid tac due to the price. I have heard of guys using water with s couple drops of detergent to give it the slip. I have never used this method. Do I need distilled water, what kind of soap child I use? Something mild like johnsons baby soap? What's a good reliable ratio that I can mix up on the spot? Any help would be great. Obi-wan forum, you're my only hope.

• Like 1

This was posted on the forum in another area.. go here and read it all but this was said---     http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/2474-homemade-solution-comparable-to-rapid-tac2/

by the quart---

4 drops dishsoap (less is better than more)
1/2 cup isopropal alcohol higher than 50% is better. you can get a higher % at a drug store,
3 1/2 cups water

use a fine mister spay bottle for the bast results

No problem.. please do share . ive been wanting to try it but i had already stocked up on rapid prep and tac before seeing this info....

If I remember correctly the real stuff has about 10 to 20% ethanol.

I use a 1 gallon jug of distilled water and mix with isopropyl alcohol. I then add a few drops of baby shampoo to break the surface tension. I also add a few drops of red food coloring so I don't get it mixed up with other things.

I use a 50/50 mix of distilled water and isopropyl alcohol as a cleaner. I add a few drops of blue food coloring for quick identification.

• Like 1

I use the 50/50 and baby shampoo blend and never have had an issue and it works great.

If I remember correctly the real stuff has about 10 to 20% ethanol.

I use a 1 gallon jug of distilled water and mix with isopropyl alcohol. I then add a few drops of baby shampoo to break the surface tension. I also add a few drops of red food coloring so I don't get it mixed up with other things.

I use a 50/50 mix of distilled water and isopropyl alcohol as a cleaner. I add a few drops of blue food coloring for quick identification.

IM glad someone else chimmed in with some info that has used it before,,Thanks for the backup guys..

I will be doing.a second surface window graphic install. So what ever solution I use need to be invisible between the glass and the graphic.