Sign in to follow this  
hump1977

file?

Is there any way to change the file type to be able to cut it?  I have an item that is a gif file and I want to cut it but signblazer won't allow me to... new at this and need some help  ;D

I too am a newbie so I am sure there are much more qualified answers, but you need to convert it to a vector file.  I don't have the skills to do that myself very well yet (hopefully I'll learn) but you can do it with Inkscape(free download) or VectorMagic.com (pay site)

Are you trying to cut the image out once printed or are you trying to cut detailed line and curves in it?

Maybe you can upload the image and we will tell you what the best course of action is to help??

As Terry and Teresa said, you have to convert it to a vector,

To do this, open up inkscape with your image and go up to the PATH menu item and click on trace bitmap.

Wayne

Post up the image, and I'm sure someone would be more than help to convert it for you if it's a decent sized image.

Post up the image, and I'm sure someone would be more than help to convert it for you if it's a decent sized image.

Yup-yup! Just make sure you post it in the right bulleting board .... now that we have a "Mature Audience" board too.

regular (clean) graphics

mature (dirty) graphics

We'd hate to see you get banned from the forum for an innocent mistake.  ;D

Try and scan it in and "select item" and then go to "image" and select "monochrome" and then click "vectorize", When you go to "cut" or "cutter" to cut the image it will give you a message that it wont cut it, just click ok thru the message and it will usually cut it anyway.. Has always worked for me anyway, maybe i have just been lucky, but try that and see what happens, hope i could help..

Inkscape ... I don't know how to use anything else ... except for VM, and I've tried my best not to turn into an addicted VM-junkie.  :thumbsup:

I used Inkscape as well, and our images came out completely different.  :thumbsup:

I think it's because I imported into PS first, then cranked up the resolution ... apparently not enough though. I think next time it'll go straight to Inkscape and be done with it. Thanks for point that out though!