I've had my cutter for a few weeks now and I just can't get it to cut a clean letter. I've been using SignCut that came with the cutter. The issue I'm having is not only does it not finish letters (and I have tried each and every offset option) it actually seems like it has a mind of its own. A letter (let's use the letter 'O' in monotype corsiva for example) that I typed in SignCut will look great on the screen but when I cut it it looks like a 5 year old try to write a 'D'. Plus on each side the blade will not only not complete the cut but will 'trail off' and leave a little tail. By time I'm done weeding and cutting out by hand a word it looks like I could do better without the machine. It's beginning to get frustrating. I've seen other cuts made by other machines and they are crisp and clean, even in 1" tall cursive writing. Has anyone else experienced this or maybe have some insight?

Thanks in advance!

Sometimes during shipping the carriage will come off of its tracks which would cause this issue. Behind the carriage you can see two white wheels. Make sure they are sitting on the tracks properly. If not, you simply need to push up on the carriage a bit to reseat the carriage on the tracks.

Keep me posted

:bear:

Thanks for the reply Ken. It looks like the carriage was off the track. I reseated the carriage but now the blade drags along the vinyl. Since the vinyl doesn't sit exactly flat with the cutter (due to the arc of the roll) it's just dragging and etching a line. Is there a way to fix this as well? I haven't tried to cut anything yet.

Thanks again!!

When I set the vinyl.I take the first pinch roller and set it to position.Then I take my hand and with a little pressure I run my hand along the width of the vinyl to set it flat across the cutter,then I set the other pinch roller down.And when I have a roll of vinyl with an arc like you were saying.I leave the roller on the carrier and roll out enought to cover the job I'm cutting,then I reverse roll the vinyl to take out the arc.And if it's not a large job you don't have to re-roll it back because the cutter is going to feed it through anyway.

Yes, make sure the blade holder is seated properly, and to stop the vinyl from arcing you may need to use all 3 pinch rollers, or you could do what Billy suggests.   :chopper:

Thanks for the help Ken! The cutter is finally cutting the way I had hoped! Time to get to work :)

:)

Great news. Hopefully billy's suggestion helped as well.

Happy cutting!