Sign in to follow this  
smokey

problems please help

i purchased a refine  MH 721  with sign cut . the problem seems to be the computer is not comunicating with the cutter . have tried usb, serial and parrelel. no luck . i can click the scizzors to cut. the bars light up and nothing happens.

Make sure you tell SignCut which connection you are using. To do so, click on the cutter button and the cutter screen should pop up. Make sure manufacturer is set to Refine. Cutter is set to Refine MH/EH 721. Device is set to whichever connection you are using. If it is the parallel port, select LPT1. If it is the serial port, it is most likely COM1. If it is the USB connection it is probably COM3 or COM4.

Also if using the USB, try the newly updated drivers found in our download section under Refine Downloads. It is the top one of the two. Click on it and run....it will self extract and install.

Keep me posted

Ken

:golfer:

sorry i have not already replied. i stay busy with the other cutter. still no luck.      in the cutter box it showing com3 . i have tried the usb again, the bars light up will not comunicate with cutter.the same with the serial port but can't get com1 in the cutter box.      i really need to leave a feedback but i would like to see it cut something first. going on 4 weeks that has not happened. thank's still need help.  :)

Try going to the file tab and click cut out instead of using the sissors.That icon has never done anything but bring up the bar graph in mine.If you can't get it to go on com1,and it keeps bringing it up on com3,then you have something that is allready dedicated on com1.I would try setting it on lpt1,with the port set to ecp.I don't know which driver you are using,but there are 2 drivers for the refine cutters.One is refine and the other has refine selltopia,or vice versa.You might try changing to the other driver and see if that helps.

okay, here i go, at this moment i am hooked up lpt1 ecp port. i can click the scizzors or the cut out key under file. the abort box will appear but nothing  will happen. i can turn off the cutter for a moment and back on. then click either scizzors or cutout key under file the abort box will appear then 4 to 5 bars will light up, and then just freeze, then i have to abort to get out of it. still need help  :)  ;D  :)              :homework: