Sign in to follow this  
69vw

Measurements

I have come across this a few times and was checking if anyone has resolved this or has had this problem.  When using the measuring tool I get a size of 18x18 but when I cut it the measurements were nowhere near this size.  About 3 inches smaller.  Anyone run into this problem?  I'm using SBE with the Laserpoint cutter.  Thanks

post the file that you're cutting.

Is there a chance that you have some kind of blank graphic in the background?

It usually cuts accurate for me. If I happen to have a graphic that has a blank white background, then it's totally obvious when I select the image and the box doesn't frame the graphic tightly and it appears to have some white space between some of the borders.

Here is the example.  It should measure 20" long by no more than 5" tall. The first printing was about 15"x3".  I stretched it out to 23 and it ended up cutting at 19" long by 4 1/2 which worked but only by chance.  

When i open it in SBE it measeures roughly 27.07" x 5.46"

What do you have the "cutting size" dimensions set up at in the cutter setup?

You've mentioned "cut" in your first post and "printing" in your second, which are you doing? cutting vinyl or sending it to your printer?

Sorry, I was cutting vinyl.  I did type print but I meant cut.  The last save of the file was at 27.07 since I did not save it after the last cut.  I reduced to 23"x5"(approx) to get it to the last cut size. It didn't have to be an exact size since we had a fairly large canvas. The "cutting size" was 24x34 at that time I did this.   This was done with paint using a Gerber cut mask.   Here is the finished product

100_5963.jpg  

You can set the cutting size correction if the output size does not match the onscreen size.

post-1705-12986518619139_thumb.jpg

post-1705-12986518631118_thumb.jpg

You can set the cutting size correction if the output size does not match the onscreen size.

That helps. I looked through the SB Learning guide but probably didn't get to that point, yet.  Thanks everyone.