Sign in to follow this  
storm2313

Looking For Advice On The Amount Of Bleed To Use..

I was wondering the way everyone makes a bleed for graphics when they want a zero amount of white in the background from the contour cut?

I know there are many ways to perform them. I notice if I do an outline on a graphic, and go into the image using a  bleed I get outlines on images that are slightly wavy.

This of course is minor, but on images with dark contrasting outlines it naturally catches your eye.

I was wondering if anyone has some methods to avoid this?

Thank you,

Vince

Bleed was usually a thing when you wanted color to the edge of a paper, but couldn't print to the edge, so you had to cut/trim the paper.  When you trim you cut into to bleed region.

For contour cutting, ideally the precision of your cuts would eliminate the need for a bleed.  In practice there is still not enough precision.  I don't have vinyl master, but imagine you want the cut line pulled inward from the colored region in the margin of cutting error.  Say your cutting 4" circles.  You could print 4.01" circles and make the cutting line at 4.0".  It might be a different value than .01", according to the the machines precision.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this