Sign in to follow this  
netstrikearena

SOLVED: Windows reinstalled now refine 1351 won't cut

SOLVED: Version 2.21 is buggy/broken. Downgraded to 2.16 and all works perfectly again.

All I can get the Refine 1351 to do is spit out vinyl until either the roll is empty or I hit the reset/power buttons. I have tried cutting numerous graphics with the same outcome. I also installed the latest version of SignCut. I am connected through USB, baud is 4800(tried 9600), and its setup with USB on COM3(tried COM 1-4).

the image was designed in Illustrator CS3 exported at version 8 in eps. I was unable to export in the typical CS version that I used to before I reinstalled with the latest signcut version. If I export in CS .ai format/version it shows up as a huge diagonal line, not the text I am trying to cut (yes it's converted to curves)

Please help...

Do you have Serial or Parallel connections available on your computer?

Guest Terry

Reinstalling windows does not give you all the updated drivers you had, you have a lot of things to reload and update, from basics to framework. Do you have anything with a red X or yellow ? in device manager? USB and serial ok in device manager? Are you sure EVERYTHING from signcut was removed before reinstalling? serial is much more stable than USB. Look for any confusion in the add remove hardware list of items installed. Could be a lot of things after reinstalling the OS. Keep looking.

I am a computer technician. This system was installed on a larger drive which was new/unformatted, so there is no prior version of signcut installed. Every driver, .net, java, xml, flash, even silverlight framework, and all currect windows patches/security updates are installed, even ie7. Unfortunately, I do not have an available serial/parallel port. The parallel port is taken up by a ticket printer and this motherboard doesn't have serial ports.

I've used this cutter no problem for a year on the usb port, with several reinstalls. I think I am on install 4 of signcut's xfer license.

I'm tempted to install the older version of signcut and see if that works.

Every other device I have works perfectly, the only devices that does not is the cutter.

When I tell it to print it simply spits out all of the vinyl. Windows of course detected it and installed the drivers, which are the latest from your site, the signcut software is the latest from their site. I do not have any other software to directly cut from to see if it's a signcut issue or a cutter issue.

Guest Terry

I wonder if it's picking the code up like it's on a new computer being used twice. Not sure if you know what I mean.

Guest Terry

Probably not much help but I wonder what would happen if you put in a USB port card in the pci slot and tried it. just a thought. I once had a scanner in a usb and it would never run anything else on that port, some how I cleared it in some setting, I keep thinking it said something about ide the place I did it.

Guest Terry

Not much help... But found this. 

If USB port installation is necessary, you will need to install the USB to serial convertor drivers. The newest version of the drivers are available. Once the drivers are installed, you will need to go into device manager and change the USB port from COM4 (or default setting) to COM1 or COM2 so that it can be recognized in Artcut.

Had a customer on the phone today that was running SignCut 2.15, updated to 2.21 and the problem went away.

Even swaped out the 10' usb cable with a different brand and a 6' (shortest I could go with because of where everything is sitting.) I am running version 2.21 of signcut. I'd try another computer, but then my last SignCut xfer License will be used/wasted ;/ It's really stupid to put a limit on the amount of times you can install it. If piracy is that much of a problem... Just do what everyone else does... Require a dongle... Honestly, who would pirate this type of program... you have to have a cutter to use it, and if you have a cutter you, probably have better software for it lol.

To report my findings... It is the software. 2.21... I downgraded with a copy I had on my backup server, and all works perfectly now. If the SignCut people read this forum they need to figure out what that issue is. I am running 2.16 perfectly and at 9600baud as well.

To report my findings... It is the software. 2.21... I downgraded with a copy I had on my backup server, and all works perfectly now. If the SignCut people read this forum they need to figure out what that issue is. I am running 2.16 perfectly and at 9600baud as well.

So you downgraded to an older version to get it going? Odd, it is usually just the opposite.    ;D

Computers........blah          :-