Sign in to follow this  
daishakorth

I am frustrated

I am hoping I can get some help here.  I bought my cutter off of e-bay and have been trying to use it.  However, it cuts through the lettering as it jumps from one letter to the next.  I have spent so much time reading every entry I can on the forum, I was in contact with Marcel and found that my cutter holder was not working right so I ordered a new one and put it on.  It still does the same thing.  I have tried messing with the settings, I have tried all my different port options, I have tried disabling my printer, changed drivers, changed drivers back...it cuts beautifully, but it is cutting the words apart.  I have it set at 30g force, and 20 speed, the blade is cutting just right.  What else am I doing wrong? 

I don't know what program you are using ,but somewhere in the settings there should be one that says "send arc commands".If it's checked,UNcheck it.That should help.

I am using artcut 2005...it came with the cutter.  I have tried to find that command and I can't seem to.  The only place that says arc at all won't even work if I try to make it.  It is on the screen before you send your project to cut.  I know you are not familiar with this program, you have said so in other forum replies.  I appreciate you trying to help.  Maybe I need to try another kind of software.

I wish I could help you out,but I just don't know the program.You should see if you can find a cheap even basic version of flexisign.It's not just a cutter program.It's a sign program that lets you work the whole design up in the program without having to go from ps or corel,or some other graphics program.It does cost a few dollars,but if you consider the time involved in working designs up in seperate programs it really is the best deal for a cutter or plotter or a print and cut.When I first got flexi a while back,I would still work up in paint shop and photo shop,then import it to flexi.Then I found out that I would cut down on four to six steps in the process by working from flexi alone.And it has more settings for the cutter commands.Just my .02

Select your word go to advanced and select weld. If you have you word broke apart to each letter just select each letter then select weld. Dont know if this is what you are looking to do but i use it all the time when i do a script font or anytime i need to put 2 thing together without a cut between them.

Hello, I've sent you an email. Please give us a call or email your phone number to me so we can speak over the phone to determine if this is a software, communication, or hardware issue.