Sign in to follow this  
TurtleStunts

Chromebook for cutting ?

I know this is kind of a silly question but figured it was worth a shot.  Has anyone had any luck using a google chromebook to attach to any cutters ?  I have a MH871-mk2 that I bought more as a hobby cutter for myself and friends and my laptop recently died while getting the hang of the cutter.  I ordered a new HP laptop and ended up having endless issues with that so I returned it.  My cousin got a chromebook for Christmas and I was shocked how fast this little computer was.  

I know this is a google driven device but wasn't sure if it was even possible to use one of these ?   

Thanks 

No. It's not compatible with any cutting/design software or drivers that I know of. It's designed to browse the web and play apps/games available from google. If you could somehow get windows to install and function 100% then it could be possible in theory.

I know this is kind of a silly question but figured it was worth a shot.  Has anyone had any luck using a google chromebook to attach to any cutters ?  I have a MH871-mk2 that I bought more as a hobby cutter for myself and friends and my laptop recently died while getting the hang of the cutter.  I ordered a new HP laptop and ended up having endless issues with that so I returned it.  My cousin got a chromebook for Christmas and I was shocked how fast this little computer was.  

I know this is a google driven device but wasn't sure if it was even possible to use one of these ?   

Thanks 

Try this not sure if it will work but you don't have much to loose http://www.craftedge.com/products/products_scalipad.html 

"* Please note you cannot connect a cutter directly to an iPad to cut your designs. Cutting is currently supported by communicating to the desktop version of Sure Cuts A Lot 3 on your local network."

"* Please note you cannot connect a cutter directly to an iPad to cut your designs. Cutting is currently supported by communicating to the desktop version of Sure Cuts A Lot 3 on your local network."

Yes that is true for the iPad not the android link the info was below the portion you quoted.

Thank you all.  Have to decide if I want to spend the 10 bucks to see if this works.  

If you poke around on the link I sent there is a free app so you can test compatibility of  your HDMI port.