Sign in to follow this  
Cutter

Which Blade Is Better For Small Graphics the 45 Degree or 60 Degree Blade?

Hi,... I cut lots of small Graphic which have even Smaller details inside of them.

Which blade is better for cutting really small Graphic the 45 Degree Blade or the 60 Degree Blade?

Thank You

Jim

I agree...I have always heard that the 60 for detailed,small cuts. You want as little of the actual blade coming in contact with the vinyl as possible. Personally, I have only used 45 but I dont do much small stuff. The eyes aren't what they once were.

Hmm,... Would less blade be on the Vinyl using a 45 Degree vs. a 60 Degree Blade?

I would think that a 45 would be sharper, No?

If a 60 is better than i need to buy a 60 then.

Jim

Guest fivestar

I always thought 45 degree blades was better for smaller cuts, actually I thought 30 degree blades was the best for small stuff.  I have only used 45 degree blades myself, so I honestly couldn't tell you.

Hmm,... Would less blade be on the Vinyl using a 45 Degree vs. a 60 Degree Blade?

I would think that a 45 would be sharper, No?

If a 60 is better than i need to buy a 60 then.

Jim

The 60 will have less blade in the material.

This topic is something I have been thinking about as well.  I think its time to try it and see.

The only blades i have are the 45 degree blades that came with my 721

I'm also having problems with the Tile / Tiling of the Cuts.

When my cutter pauses to do what ever it's doing sometimes it moves and when it startes to cut again the decal ends up being messed up.

Does anyone know if adding more memory will prevent this if so i'll add the 4mb chip to the list along with 60 degree blades.

I havent seen any 30 degree blades for sale and i can't believe how much cheaper the blades are here than every where else i've looked for blades.  Most all the other places charge 2 to 3 times as much for their blades.  So now i guess i just need to wait to see what you folks have to say about cutting smaller decals with their 45/60 degree blades.  If 60 turns out to be the better choice then i'll buy more memory at the same time to see if it resolves my cutter pausing all the time while cutting.

Jim

You can use the 60 degree blades for thicker materials or for things with more detail.

That's I've heard in the past as well.

I have a set of 60 degree blades sitting here in my office, but yet to use them  ;)

You can use the 60 degree blades for thicker materials or for things with more detail.

That's I've heard in the past as well.

I have a set of 60 degree blades sitting here in my office, but yet to use them  ;)

Would you be willing to try out the 60 degree blades and let us know your thoughts on them please?

Jim

guys i think that in this pro foroum have  this discu.4 to long 4

from my exspiriance (3 years in a lead sing shop 1 year solo) the 60 degree cut better they r more sharper and the last longer use it all the time

guys i think that in this pro foroum have  this discu.4 to long 4

from my exspiriance (3 years in a lead sing shop 1 year solo) the 60 degree cut better they r more sharper and the last longer use it all the time

So your saying that the 60 degree blade is Best for Everything?

Hmm,...

What about the Extra Memory?  Will that stop my cutter from pausing all the time causing the blade to sometimes skip or jump out of position?

Jim

The cutter issue can be caused by several things.

1. Make sure that you don't play with your computer while your cutting.

2. Don't change any settings on the cutter, like force or speed, during the cut.

Remember, for cutter issues, you can always call your tech support.

Naw,.. this is something while the cutter is cutting.

I'm not messing around with the PC (Something i learned back in the 1st CD Burning Days) While the cutter is cutting.

Doesnt your Cutter Pause in the middle of Cutting to get more info from the PC and then continue to cut again?

SignBlazer: When i click on "Cutter" and then click on "Cut" and then "Cut Tile" before the cutter actually starts to cut i see the software Scanning the image in the top right corner from left to right, On larger Cuts it'll stop sometimes 25% thru the image or 50% thru the Image and then the cutter will start to cut,  It's almost like it's filling up the Cutters Buffer.  When it reaches the point where the scan had finished scanning the image the cutter will pause and then the software will scan more of the image and then the Cutter continues to cut again until it reaches where the scanning of the image had stopped and again once it reaches that point the cutter stops and then it finishes scanning the image and finsihes the cutting process.

But when it stops to scan more of the image it's like the blade jumps or skips over a bit.

I don't know if it's because the cutter is moving so fast and then when it stops either some of the Vinyl continues to move or the Blade just doesnt have a good enough Brake or something.

Yours doesnt do this?

Is mine the only one that this is happening to?

It kind of seems like mine is the only one that this is happening to or i'm not explaining myself correctly.

I've even clicked off the check mark that says "Pause Between Tiles" and it still does it.

If i click on "Skip Tile" then it doesnt cut at all.

So i'm at a point where i don't know if it's something i'm doing, the cutter is doing or if i'm asking the cutter to cut to many images at one time or not.

Is it to much to ask the cutter to cut 25 sets of Flames 36" Long x 5" Wide?  Heck,... The Sheet of Vinyl is 24" Wide and i can fit 5 sets of flames going across the width of the Vinyl.

I just can't believe that i'm the only one this is happening to so it's got to be something i'm doing.

Besides SignBlazer What can i use?  Is there anything Free out there?

I can't afford to buy cutting software.

Jim

I don't think that I have ever had this happen.

What connection are you using?

What is the buad rate on your computer?

It's on ECP LPT1 and i believe it's set to 9600.

So yours just cuts Non-Stop no matter what size of graphic your cutting?

How many Graphics have your tried cutting at one time?

Sometimes i cut like 10 x 6" Graphics, 5 x 5" Graphics and like 10 x 10" Graphics at one time and sometimes more and it pauses and stops all the time during cutting screwing up whatever graphic it happens to be on at that time.

Jim

just curious...why do you have it connected through the printer port? Have you tried the serial port?

60 deg blades for smaller cuts work best. The 45 is nicknamed the axe and the 30 the hammer & chizel.