Sign in to follow this  
castironrobbie

SCALP Separating Colors Option

Hey everyone, I am up cutting some vinyl right now. I took the advice of some of ya'll and purchased the Oracal 631 and I am making this fabulous Krishna decal for my wall to practice with installing larger vinyl.

My question. I am seeing an option to cut by color, multiple colors. I know creating an image in scalp seems simple enough to separate the colors you want, but what about drag and drop my own work into SCALP? Is there a simple tutorial or walk through someone could help me with so I wouldn't have to separate in a different program?

This would make my life. Seriously.

Also, I read signblazer can do this. Should I download that, and do you have a simple walk through?

Thanks everyone. If this current masterpiece I am working on comes out well I'll share a pic :)

What I am doing is import the graphics in SCALP and check if the colors are separater correctly. If not mark the elements in the same color and change it from SCALP so they will be separated correctly for cutting. Even small variation will make SCALP to do one volor as few different colors. Once you are done with that and you start cutting separate colors it will ask you to load the color which is going to be cutted