Sign in to follow this  
mr300s

Can I do this shirt with Vinyl?

I have a friends shirt,   she want me to put something on it with heat vinyl.  Its 56% nylon 39% poly 6% Spandex.  Think this will work ok if I press with a teflon sheet over it?

Do you happen to have any Siser Stretch? It might make it with the poly and spandex in there to get a drip on otherwise you end up using Siser Extra which works fine on nylon and polyester but is very stiff as in basically zero give. You can also use Stahls SuperFilm and it is stretchy. SuperFilm is cold peel and will bleed some color though from the polyester sometimes. Nylon is tough to work with. 

No and since its a freebie I guess I will find out she said it was a cheap shirt so if it doesn't work no big deal but I thought maybe someone has done it and if it didn't work then I wouldnt try it Thanks for the info Goose

Well the polyester is 39% of the garment and will adhere to that part fine so hopefully it will hold on. I'm sure it will for a while just may not last a long time. Not out much on a one-off freebie. 

I did a test run a while back with the Siser Extra that is specific for poly and nylon on some 100% cotton to see what would happen. It didn't hold up for long. As soon as the cotton shrunk it started pulling loose in some spots. I probably could have kept re-pressing it and got it to last a while though.