castironrobbie

Which vinyl to use....

Of course this has been asked a million times, but I am really struggling here, and I have to get to work shortly.

I was using greenstar and having the worst luck with (was having difficulty) weeding and application. I literally made what I thought was an awesome statue of liberty decal for my wall and when I applied it the greenstar tape pulled half off no matter how gentle I was. I used the squeegee very well when applying the tape. No stone unturned.

Which vinyl and tape combinations to you suggest for the following:

Wall decals

Car decals for windows

Car decals for the body

Store front windows

Signs

I have read good things about Oracal, but don't know which to get. I am getting pretty frustrated with cutting because if you don't get good results with anything of course youd want to quit.

Also thanks to you guys I am no longer wasting vinyl at startup and I have it all figured out finding my origin points, and my cutter depth has been perfect.

I use the following but other options are available and opinions will vary.

Wall decals Oracal 631 with HT55 application mask.

Car window decals Oracal 651, 751 or 951 in that order depending on needs and budget. Rtape 4075 with RLA application mask.

Car body decals 751 or 951 depending on needs and budget. Rtape 4075 RLA application mask.

Store front windows are the same as car windows for me. I offer customer the option of 651, 751 or 951 95% choose 651 and it lasts just fine in my area. If you are in some place with extreme UV you would want a minimum of 751.

I would suggest to go with the wrap grade Avery SW900 for car body decals....stripes and large pieces such as hood/roof with complicated curves will be much easier with the wrap vinyl. Not to mention it will peel cleaner and leave less glue than regular vinyl when eventually removing the graphics. 

• Like 1

I would suggest to go with the wrap grade Avery SW900 for car body decals....stripes and large pieces such as hood/roof with complicated curves will be much easier with the wrap vinyl. Not to mention it will peel cleaner and leave less glue than regular vinyl when eventually removing the graphics. 

Avery is good and if you want like store examples. media they send it.

• Like 1