Shooting Star

SCAL3 Laser Point II Corel X7

Hello. I am new. I have had such a headache with SCAL3 and my Laser  Point II. I have wasted so much material dealing with the 2. The cutter would cut a couple of images and then freeze in the middle of a project wasting tons of HTV and sticky flock. THIS STUFF IS NOT CHEAP!!!! Fingers crossed, I think that issue may have been resolved after talking to tech support and using the process of elimination. I am nervous to keep going because I cant afford to waste anymore material.

It would be nice to have some of my material replaced or at least a Discount on a new order. ;D 

Now Before you say use small pieces to prevent waste I have on several occasions and it seem to cut fine so I used the image size I needed and ended with the terrible results as mentioned above. I'm so over it and trying to stay positive. On to my other problem.

OK I have created images in Corel X7 and saved them as SVG. When I go to import in into SCAL Pro3, there is nothing there but a black box. I am ssoooo tired of issues I am lol to keep from screaming. Is there a plug in available where i can print registration marks and cut straight from Corel X7?  I know there is for Corel X3-X6

I have tried to trace the image into SCAL Pro 3 and cut it from there. It resulted in the program running slow and quality, color and nodes being off. The nodes being over 100,000. I like the work that the cutter does WHEN it cuts but need more consistency between it and the sofrtware. I need help somethings gotta give ASAP.

I know there is a learning curve but its stressing me out. I have had to tell my customers that I can not complete their orders due to technical difficulties. I am just starting out and my name and brand is not looking so good at the moment.

Thanks in advance. 

ShootingStar -- welcome to the Forums.

Your very first inclination is correct ----  ABANDON the SCalper.

Take advantage of USCUTTER VINYLMASTER version for $30.

You will be glad you did.

(click on link of front page advertisment at this Forum you just joined USCUTTER.COM)

Yes, I'm a shameless shill for the company.

What can I tell ya?  (I just started using VMbasic for running my MH unit and it loaded/downloade/installed like a gem -- slick cutter install wizard that worked perfectly, and my model appears as it should).