Sign in to follow this  
storm2313

Titan3 ARMS calibration in VinylMaster?

I don't understand the method of calibration with ARMS. Let me explain. I go through how the software explains to print a page out, and load it. Then it scans the registration mark. I get one to go green, and it stops. It never moves on to the other marks on the calibration page.

I do notice on the bottom of the calibration print on screen it says TLQ fail. Please review the attached file of the screenshot I have no idea what this is referring to.

Can someone explain the process of performing ARMS calibration with a new Titan3? Vinyl Master tutorials cover manual calibration, but never go into ARMS calibration.

Thank you for all support provided.

post-95051-0-32017200-1443287997_thumb.p

The problem was solved. The issue is in the onscreen instructions where it explains to load the sheet for the registration marks to be read it never states to make sure the registration marks are under the laser from the beginning. I kept loading the paper with the edge against the machine providing a guide for tracking as the media was fed.

The onscreen instructions should state to load the media with registration marks as close to the laser as possible, and then beginning the scan process. The devils in the details.

After trying to research the issue for quite a few hours I decided on some trial, an error. I simply moved the sheet of paper from being square to the machine, and placed the registration marks virtually under the laser. Once I did that I set the zero on the machine with the targeting icon button, and proceeded with the scan for the calibration process. It worked perfectly. The only issue I see I'm having is with only one pinch roller a cutting mat is required to complete the calibration as the paper doesn't provide enough body to hold its shape or position correctly.

I suggest anyone using a Titan3 purchase a cutting mat if your not doing wide body printing. 8.5x11 sheets of media will require a backing to be cut properly.