banzaimini1

Turn photo to cutable image.

A friend of mines father passed away and they wanted to do a image of him on a shirt. I personally have never done anything like this. I usually stick to basic design for shirts and stickers. Any one point me in the right direction. I'm a self learner not asking for anyone to do it for me. Just what programs do you use it a shortcut to doing it.. I'll figure it out myself. Thanks guys for all who helps

I have used Photoshop to create a decent single color image that could then be traced.

Remember to save a backup after each step.

1. Remove the background and anything else you don't want.

2. Use image>adjustments>Posterize and select somewhere between 10 - 20 colors/levels (play around with it)

3. Use image>adjustments>Threshold and adjust to your liking.

4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 if needed.

5. Touch up as needed and export image.

6. Import into your cutting design/cut software and trace.

7. Clean up the trace and then cut a sample.

Someone else may have a better solution but I have used this method in the past.

I would just use some JPSS printed with pigment based ink on a white/light shirt and do a full color print. It would probably be much faster and cheaper than cut vinyl.

I also remembered this post that you may find useful.

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/45878-guilloch%C3%A9/?hl=zebratrace

• Like 1

A friend of mines father passed away and they wanted to do a image of him on a shirt. I personally have never done anything like this. I usually stick to basic design for shirts and stickers. Any one point me in the right direction. I'm a self learner not asking for anyone to do it for me. Just what programs do you use it a shortcut to doing it.. I'll figure it out myself. Thanks guys for all who helps

Im sure they want inkjet transfer but most just want a image on it so if you mention cut vinyl thats what they think it is. I use mclogans inkjet transfers for lights when I do memorial shirts. except last week I had a order with Htv but it was words and wings.