Sign in to follow this  
pianomom

Really wanting to use my new machine

I recently received my new Copam CP-2500 machine. So far I have not been able to get the computer and the cutter to converse with each other. ;D I have read anything on here that I felt might help me, I have installed everything I think that I need to, I have set the computer port to COM5 and Signcut to COM5 (because COM3 and COM4 are "in use"), I have sent an email to uscutter but have not heard from them yet and I'm anxious to start running so I'm hoping someone out there might have some additional ideas that might help me. ;D While I wait for uscutter to get back to me.

Anxious to cut up a storm :glasses2:

pianomom

If you have set the com to 5 because 3 and 4 are in use,I would say that is your problem.You have 3 and 4 (which is really 1 and 2) in use and you're trying to run com 5 which would be a shared irq.If you have componets on 3 and 4 that are running,or starting when you start your computer it's blocking the com 5

When I turned the computer on and check the PORTS it was automatically on COM 5. That must be because the other two are in use? Now out of curiosity, Signcut only has the options of COM 4 or COM 5 not COM 3, does that affect or alter the availability of using Signcut at another COM? I guess I'd better ask dear hubby what might be running on COM 3 or 4. Actually only COM 4 because COM 3 isn't even an option on Signcut. I should have stated this before, I am running this off of my laptop, are there tricks to making it work that way?

Pianomom :happy1: (Brainfood)

Well, I was able to get both COM's to 3 and it is still not talking. I can get a very basic text in Signcut and it shows that it is sending the project somewhere but it doesn't cut on the cutter. Any other ideas???

pianomom ;D