mbdesigns16

pulling up my vinyl

what should my pressure be set at? I just put it down to 80 from 110 and what a differnce. How do i know what to put it at? I hate wasting vinyl for trial and error. Thanks!!

Guest fivestar

Try cutting small test cuts, there is no "magic" number to set it at.  It all depends on blade adjustment vinyl type and manufacturer.  I actually have mine setup at 40 for sign vinyl and 70 for t-shirt vinyl.  Now that changes when I use a different brand of vinyl.

Trial and error is about the only way until you get all figured out.

mark-s

• Like 1

yup, trial and error.  Create a small file that has a bunch of different shapes large and small.  But not so much that it takes a long time to cut. 

The blade depth was always a problem I have had with small detail pulling up.  The pressure is machine dependent.  There can be 10 machines sitting there that are all the exact same but they will all run better at different pressures.

how fast are you guys cutting. I went for 60 down to 40 and that stop the vinyl from being pulled up when cutting small words.

I just wondering since above say to go faster. More pressure and speed?

Guest fivestar

Depends on how detailed and small the graphics is, I sometimes cut at 4 I.P.S. mainly I cut at 24 I.P.S.

Guest fivestar

Sounds like maybe your cuts aren't completely closing, which if that's the case adjust your knife offset.

Guest fivestar

It is "supposed" to be .25 but mine is set at like .13 if memory serves me correctly.  I am not at the shop now so I can't tell you for sure what mine is at but it's right in that area.

How do i change the offset? when i push the mode button, these are my options.... press, test, repeat, cut speed, y scale and x scale. Can someone tell me what these all mean???

Go like you are going to cut, then in the set up stage there is an offset area in the middle right. (signblazer), I use avery 6 year vinyl most of the time. I have the cutter (laserpoint) set at 40 for the speed on medium-large files, for the smaller I bring it down to 30, I use a 45 degree blade on everything - my pressure is set at 89. But like someone said earlier, adjusting the actual blade it self, is trial and error. Hope this all works.

post-2074-12986517727064_thumb.gif

post-2074-12986517744221_thumb.gif