Sign in to follow this  
halpain17

titan 2 servo with signlab?

Im not missing something with the cutter being able to do contour cutting right? I mean later if I buy a printer and laminator i can basically put the printed vinyl in the titan 2 and it will cut it based on its printed cut points? Sorry if my terminology is incorrect, like i said, vinyl printing is new to me.

I dont understand the difference between manual and automatic contour cutting... would i be better off with a roland gx-24 or the graphtec ce-5000? or maybe the titan 3? (which comes with razorcut)

We always state,  buy the best that you can afford..as far as a cutter.

Manual vs. Automatic contour cutting

The difference lies within the actual process of the machine locating the registration mark. On an automatic contour cutting machine, you will send the command to the cutter to do a contoured cut, and the machine will automatically begin searching for the registration marks. Once it finds the first mark, it will move the second and so forth until every mark has been hit. Since the user is not actually moving the machine to these points, its considered automatic. 

This manual contour cutting requires the user to move the machine to each registration mark, instead of it seeking each mark out on it's own. When a contour cut is initialized, the user than has to manually move the machine to the center of the registration mark using the computer's keyboard. Once the laser is alinged to the center of the first mark you will move to the second, then the third, until all points have been hit. Once you have done this, the machine knows where the image is located and is ready to make a contour cut.