Guest gracewriter

Why would I need more pinch rollers?

Guest gracewriter

I'm about to order some blades and was wondering if I should buy an extra pinch roller. In what instances would I need one?  I'm about to try to cut 4ml mylar.  Should I get one?

Also, how hard are they to install.  Looks like there's no way to get it in there.

Thanks!

Guest Terry

Who says you need more pinch rollers, I have three and have only ever used two. I don't want tracks on vinyl. But my cutter is 721, maybe yours is wider?

I have 4 on my Pcut 24... usually only use the other 2 rollers when cutting 17 x 22 card stock.

Guest gracewriter

I read in a few places on the forum where people said they needed an extra pinch roller

Terry, do you always get good results with 2 pinch rollers? No vinyl movement or anything? I have been considering using only 2, but I didnt know how this could make me waste materia because of vinyl nor feeding correctly.

I dont like the tracks on the vinyl either although people dont seem to care much. I have only have a complain about it.

Joe

Guest Terry

Always two with mine joe, no travel, but it depends on how well your cutter is dialed in and if your roll of vinyl is round or feed sheets. I also only use FDC like banner uses so I never need to adjust unless I cut chrome or diamond etc...

Thanx Terry!

I will try that. I do need to adjust as I use reg vinyl and shirt vinyl.

Joe

Guest fivestar

Joe I always switch between sign and t-shirt vinyl too but I never have to adjust my blade, only my pressure.  I have tried using only 2 rollers on t-shirt vinyl and it didn't work, I was cutting 2 graphics with the total width of around 18 inches and it didn't get the middle of the vinyl cut correctly.  It was by accident but it didn't work for me on t-shirt vinyl, never tried sign vinyl but I think I will tomorrow.  :P

Hey fivestar, I always use them 3 on t shirt vinyl because if you get the tracks, they will not be seen anyways, in regular vinyl they do.

Try it and let me know how it went for you with 2 rollers on reg vinyl.

Thank you

Joe

I have 4 on my pcut , I found the thinner vinyl "puckering" in the middle while cutting which throws off the cut.

since I am better at the blade set up now this may not be a problem. The fine grit on the rollers does leave a mark on

the vinyl but it disapears after you squeegee.

What other hobby/job is there where you can use "squeegee" in normal conversation! :P

What other hobby/job is there where you can use "squeegee" in normal conversation! :P

(screenprinting)    :P

I have 4 on my pcut , I found the thinner vinyl "puckering" in the middle while cutting which throws off the cut.

I considered and am still considering getting a third roller for my little LP24. I was cutting a decent run of Oracal 651 and managed to keep it from drift too badly (I was so proud of myself  :P), then I brought back to reality when I the vinyl started to tent/pucker. Fortunately it was near the end of the cut so I was able to try and freehand what the blade had either missed or slashed.

I'm hoping that the pinch rollers will be listed on eBay (hint, hint) like the blades are  :P