KristenMarie

after installing Keyspan Tripp-lite, not working

After having the crazy cutting issues, i ordered the suggested Tripp-lite Keyspan, and i installed it tonight. Now nothing is working. my cutter wont cut, when i select cut, it just stays "initializing" and never moves past that point at all.

I connected the USB to my computer, to the kepyspan, then the serial cable to the cutter. This is a MH series, 28in. 

I am using SCAL, and have many files saved in there that i just need to pop open and CUT!

I checked my port connections on post my cutter, and the program. both on COM3, keyspan.

no connection at all. 

What am i missing here? 

im stumped right now. 

Did you install the correct driver? Just asking since you listed everything except that.

Started over, followed the steps exactly. My driver is installed, my ports are lined on com3, my cutter is running on com3, SCAL is set on com3, still nothing, no connection at all. I am at a loss right now. i cant get anything to work at all. The keyspan was supposed to solve my problems! what am i missing here?

Can I get some input on this issue?

no matter what i do, i cannot get the keyspan to connect to my cutter. When it is connected, my cutter does not communicate with the computer at all. and now with the regular set up, my cutter is cutting even more crazy then ever before. i cant get one good cut from it at all. nothing. 

did you change the baud rate to 4800?  All the instructions that I have seen on this  MH- MK2   cutter says baud rate 4800....

did this cutter EVER cut correctly?  This model has the most complaints of any cutter out there...

And is this cutter grounded to the stand, if you have a stand, as it must be...

• Like 1

YES, it did cut many cuts successfully. I went through 2 {10 yard rolls} or vinyl. i would overlap and screw up, i learned to turn off machine and reset between each and every cut to help cut down the chances that it would screw up, but it never went a whole day without overlapped an image, flipping text around, going vertical, then horizontal. on the same files, and different files. it was unpredictable. 

so as recommended, i ordered the keyspan, while i installed my keyspan, i also loaded a brand new 50 yard roll of vinyl. turned the machine on, just to have fails, and no connection between the two.

I have detached the keyspan and went back to the usb plug in, and  it has gone through a good 2 yards of me messing with it and trying new things. fail after fail. cant cut one single thing correctly right now. wiped it with dryer sheets, sprayed static guard, super extra grounded my machine....i cant find a fix at all. 

Get a roll of paper to use with the pen holder, $7-8 at a craft store (hobby lobby etc) until someone can help solve the issue. 

• Like 1