Sign in to follow this  
dimitri

after 1 week - display not working

Hi Guys,

my order number was 2007-02-1480

cutter: MH721 Serial Number (1st sticker 0204) (2nd sticker 4093)

The machine worked fine for 2 days that I used it, now that I really need it, the display is not showing the letters.

the rest all works. The problem is, I need to set the speed and grams cause I am cutting tint.

Please help!

Dimitri Likissas

I have no word yet from Marcus, I guess he is busy at the moment, but going through this forum I can see he is a dedicated person.

I hope to hear from him soon, how to resolve my issue of my display not showing any text. It lights up, but the welcome message and information does not show up and I really need that. Was wondering in the mean time if that cannot be software driven from the computer in the mean time, in other words, can I tell signcut to use this amount of speed, and pressure (grams) on the knife)?

The speed and force can only be set on the cutter itself. I apologize for the LCD issue.

It is possible a wire popped loose inside and if you feel comfortable enough trying, you can remove the 4 screws from the top, open it up and check. My other thought is that it may be a motherboard issue if all of the wiring looks intact.

Keep me posted

Ken

;D

Hi Kenimes,

I opened the 4 screws and looked at the flat cables, all seem fine and are well glued in the sockets. I am wondering if I should do the same and open the right side of the machine where the motherboard is located.

Now I also realize that the lcd panel would sometimes show the letters, not all the time. It occured after leaving it on for a while (while being dissapointed) after returning it surprisingly showed the text. But there is no logic behind it.

What do you think?

I really need to get this working

I am leaning towards a motherboard issue then.

You can email me direct at kenimes@uscutter.com