Sign in to follow this  
plotter_man55

Tile Size and Border Size Cutting

I have a MH 871 MK 30 inch plotter, I dont use it alot and when I do, it usually works great!

The problem is, when I went to cut out a size of 6.5 x 18 inches, I wanted the text to stay in the

middle and for the border to cut at 18 inches, instead it only cuts the "tile" size.  How do I

get it to cut the border size?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Probably the easiest way is to make a box the size you want the border and center the text inside it. It will treat the box as an object and you should achieve the results you are looking for. 

Did you draw a rectangle that was 6.5" by 18" of whatever size you want the border? If you aren't drawing something then the program will not give you the results you are looking for. This is not a problem with your cutter or even the software it's just user error. The "Tile" as you word it is probably the workspace or mat. It doesn't matter too much what size it is as long as it's bigger than what you want to cut. The border you want is illustrated in the attached pic. You have to physically draw it so it's there. The cutting software may draw its own "border" but it's tough to control so if it matters then I do it this way. 

post-20133-0-37282900-1404613781_thumb.j

Maybe Im not describing it correctly, The wording has been drawn in Illustrator and saved on a thumbdrive, imported on the sign program

The "border" is what you call in your example as workspace map. The "tile" is the lettering, if you go to cutter, and select cut, a window

pops up and shows the "tile" size which is the space around the lettering. When I select CUT it cuts the border or work space mat.

But not to the size I put in, in the work space edit, I select the work space as 6.5x18 inches.

However, it will only cut the "tile" size.

This is the first time Ive had this problem, all previous work I can still access and it cuts the border to the specs I select.