Sign in to follow this  
ewen.jamie

Trying to choose best vinyl to work with

So I am brand new to vinyl cutting, and am trying to start my own business making home decor signs and wall words.  I have the 24" PCut and would like to know what type/brand/company vinyl other people would suggest that I use for this type of vinyl usage. 

Oracal makes a vinyl just for that application. Can't remember what the # is but search thier website and you will find it.

First off ... welcomesign.gif

I would suggest that you skim through the vinyl bulletin board and check it out ... I know that I've posted a few questions about vinyl there too  B)

Guest fivestar

Yes Oracal 631 matte finish is what you're wanting.

ok, new question.  Why oracal 631 and not the 641 or 651?  And also, what about other brands such as Avery?  And last but not least, which online supplier would one suggest?

...Couldnt find the prior thread about vinyl, so hopefully you guys dont mind reanswering some questions for me. B)

We do some of that and use the Oracal 631. I like the matte finish also. It looks painted on, not so shiny like the other materials.

thanks again...I finally found the vinyl bulletins... B)  I just didnt scroll down enough!  Looks to me like Oracal 631 is the way to go...do you have a favorite supplier?